The ETU are there for our members, especially when the unexpected happens.
Generous Funeral coverage for ETU members
You can never prepare for the traumatic experience of an unexpected death. The ETU provides members with peace of mind during times of grief, knowing that funeral expenses of up to $7,000 are covered for fully financial ETU members and their spouse/partner. Honorary members and their partners are covered for up to $3,500.
How to qualify
The ETU Funeral Benefit is free for all financial and Honorary members of the union (and their spouse/partner). Other comparative funeral plans can cost upwards of $600 per year.
With ETU Funeral Benefit, there’s one less thing you and your family need to worry about.
How it works
- The union considers each ETU Funeral Benefit claim on the basis of need, then refers it to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- The ETU Victorian Branch's Distress and Mortality Trust (D&MT) pays the benefit.
- The ETU Funeral Benefit will be paid to the next-of-kin, and has no bequeath beneficiary.
Make a claim
If you need to make a claim or ask a question about this benefit, please contact the ETU’s Claims Officer on 03 8329 0000 or by email.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To qualify for the ETU Funeral Benefit you need to be a financial member of ETU Victorian Branch at the time of claiming the benefit, and also have contributed fees to the Branch for the preceding 12 months.
2. This benefit is not available if a member pays their ETU membership dues through payroll deductions.
3. Only an immediate family member (spouse or dependant) is eligible to claim this payment.
4. An applicant for the Funeral Benefit must submit their claim in writing to relevant ETU Office within three months of the member or spouse’s death.
5. Spouse/partner is defined under legislation. This benefit is not payable upon the death of an ex-spouse or ex-partner.
6. Estimated savings are based on flat rate, without regard to age-based premiums available by some insurers.