For long term ETU members of good standing who have given extraordinary service to the Union, the ETU Victorian Branch extends Honorary Membership from time to time.
This membership applies only if the honorary member has left the industry. It is free of charge and includes access to:
- Supply of the ETU Journal (ETU News)
- Invitation to annual Honorary Member luncheon for the Honorary member and partner.
- ETU Ambulance Benefit. Benefit Rules closely resemble Ambulance Victoria Rules, to claim please apply to ETU Office on 8329 0000
- ETU Funeral Benefit of up to $4,000 upon the death of an Honorary Member. No bequeath benefit applies to this payment. Families should contact ETU Office on 8329 0000 for further information or to claim.
- Free of charge and confidential counselling service through Protect/Hunterlink Counselling for Honorary Members and their immediate families. This service supports and counsels with a range of concerns such as; depression and anxiety, substance abuse, alcohol addiction, relationship issues, grief counselling, social isolation, financial problems.
- Continuing access to a range of discounted legal services such as Wills, Estate Planning & Probate, Criminal Law, Property Conveyancing, asbestos and related disease claims, Workers Compensation, traffic accident and other legal matters through ETU partner, Gordon Legal. Call ETU Office on 8329 0000 for a referral and free consultation.
- Access to “The Centre for U” , the new and state of the art Training and Welfare centre located on Level 3, 200 Arden street, North Melbourne. The centre offers a range of welfare, legal, health checks, Skin checks, training, drug and alcohol awareness and other seminars which are available either free of charge or at reduced rates for ETU members. Call the ETU Office or look on the Centre for U website for more information.
- Continuing discounts on a range of ETU Member benefits such as banking and credit cards with Unity Bank, Member advantage discounts, Energy savings through Powershop, discounted Private Health Insurance through rthealth, etc.
Honorary Members are a much-valued part of the ETU family. We honour your continuing commitment for advancement of the interests of workers in the electrical and allied trades.
We encourage all Honorary members to maintain active communication and participation in the ongoing struggle to improve the lives of all ETU Members and the wider Union movement. ETU Victoria campaigns, rallies, information, sponsorships are regularly updated on this website and the ETUVIC Facebook page.