With 19,000 members across dozens of industries, the Electrical Trades Union of Australia, Victorian Branch is one of the most dynamic, successful unions in the country. We succeed because we put members first - whether in winning large pay rises, ensuring safe workplaces or enhancing training and employment opportunities.
We're not afraid to stand up to bosses to protect our members' pay and conditions. Some employers and politicians believe union membership is old fashioned. At the ETU, we believe it makes good financial sense. Our current pacesetting wages campaign has delivered rises of 5 and 8 per cent a year - more than twice the inflation rate - which means real money for you and your family.
But the ETU is about much more than wages and conditions. We are committed to an accountable, democratic union, developing the electrical, communications and electronic industries, improving job security and giving members top quality service at all times.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help you:
- Improved wages, working conditions and superannuation entitlements
- Representing workers involved in claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination or other unlawful action
- Negotiating pacesetting enterprise agreements
- Better redundancy arrangements where necessary and improved occupational health and safety
- Cheaper mortgages, loans and a member benefits program
- Every financial member receives free emergency transport cover