HSR INITIAL OHS TRAINING COURSE
If you are a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in the electrical industry, this course is designed for you!
It will equip you with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent your co-workers and to help make your workplace safer.
What’s in it for you? The course is tailored to the electrical trade and you will learn how to:
- Interpret the Occupational Health and Safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in an OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issue a Provisional Notice (PIN) and direct the Cessation of Work
On completion, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Course duration: 5 days
Course times: 8.15am – 4.15pm daily
Course fee: ETU Members FREE. Non-Members $915 + GST.
Course dates and locations: Click here
Note: Regional or enterprise based courses are delivered on an as-needs basis. Please contact Danny Filazzola to arrange a private training course.
Contact person: Danny Filazzola, Phone: 0402 347 117, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow these steps:
- Download and complete this enrolment form.
- Send your enrolment form attention to Danny Filazzola:
- Via email – email@example.com
- Via mail – ETU, 200 Arden Street, North Melbourne 3051
- You will receive a course confirmation letter at least 14 working days prior to the course start date.
For your learning benefit, courses are kept to a maximum of 20 participants. Please get your enrolment form in to secure your place in a course!
Note: We accept enrolments up to 20 working days prior to the course start date.
Did you know that all HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake WorkSafe approved OHS training and choose their training course in conjunction with their employer? This is outlined in section 67 of the OH&S Act 2004.
The training is delivered with adult learning principles at its core. The ETU follow the WorkSafe Underpinning Principles. For a copy of the Principles, please contact Danny Filazzola.
- You must attend all 5 days of training to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- If you fall absent, make-up classes will be available.
- If you are absent the first day of the Initial course, you will be transferred to the next available course.
- You must complete the HSR Initial OHS training course within 6 months of its commencement.
Cancellation fee is 50% of the course cost.
In the event that the individual cancels, providing the ETU more than 5 working days' notice, the course date can be rescheduled and the cancellation fee is not applied.
In the event that the individual does not provide the ETU 5 days' notice, the cancellation fee is applied.
Where a medical certificate is provided within 48 hours of the course start date, the fee is not applied.
Where the individual does not wish to attend the ETU course, a full refund can be provided (if more than 5 days' notice) or if it's within 5 days, a refund minus the cancellation fee should be provided.
In the event that the ETU cancels a course in advance (e.g. due to insufficient numbers), individuals will be contacted at least 8 working days prior. The ETU will inform the individuals of alternate course dates. If, for any reason, the individual prefers to cancel and obtain a refund, this should be arranged.
In circumstances outside ETU's control (within 24 hours of the course time) for example, the Trainer has an emergency or is sick, individuals will be contacted immediately and offered alternate course dates. if for any reason, the candidate prefers to cancel and obtain a full refund, this should be arranged.
The ETU recognises their responsibility to optimise the learning outcomes to ensure all participants feel comfortable in the learning environment and have every opportunity to engage, ultimately, maximising successful outcomes. The ETU will assess special needs as they arise and discuss training delivery options/adjustments. Types of special needs may include; learning difficulties, hearing deficiencies, visual impairment, to name a few. If you would like to notify us of a special need, please complete this form and the Trainer will be in contact with you to discuss your individual situation.
The ETU is committed to protecting your privacy and providing information and services relevant to you. The Victorian Branch complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Please click here for more information.
If you would like to lodge a complaint about the course, please click here.
The Electrical Trades Union is approved to deliver the HSR Initial OHS training course. It is another initiative of the Union to improve OH&S and industry standards within the electrical trade.